Monday, July 31, 2006

Quick Notes

Been busy, busy, busy!

1. Miss Universe Pageant is to Puerto Rico as Super Bowl is to U.S.A.
My two eldest daughters and I did the Miss Universe annual ritual complete with Chips, Dip and Soda. Usually there are more people involved (like my siblings) but given that they are currently not on the island, this year it was just me and the girls.
So we each have pen and paper (this year crayons) and we write the top 20, then the top ten, finally we each pick the first runner up and the winner.
Both Ericka & Sara were rooting for Japan, I was rooting for Puerto Rico. I WON!!!
Well actually she won, but it's nice that our little island is once again in the public eye.
It's not rocket science I know, but still I enjoy seeing people from my island succeed in sports, art, music or beauty pageants.

2. CLICK
Went to watch it on my daughters birthday. I'd never seen my 8 yr. old cry with such feeling. Although I couldn't enjoy the whole film (lots of bathroom breaks and arguments over soda & popcorn) what I did watch I liked a lot. It's not what you would normally expect from an Adam Sandler film, but in my personal opinion it is a worthwhile film to see, and it has a great message....it's all about the little things.



;oDD

No comments: